Teachers’ Skills-Development TrainingJoudi Said
This project aimed to help the selected teachers (from different subjects) to teach using contemporary and up-to-date teaching strategies and methods. Teaching Skills (TEACH) program was selected to train teachers on skills like lesson’s plan preparation, multiple intelligences & learning styles, classroom management strategies, and 21st century skills. A major part of this training was the classroom simulation, in which teachers had the opportunity to apply the learnt strategies and teaching methods, in groups, according to the subject they teach.
Project Scope of Work
Building teaching capacity for 167 teachers from different subjects.
- Initiating and planning: 2 weeks.
- Executing: 7 days.
- Monitoring and evaluating: 21 days.
- Closing: 2 days.
The project aimed to help a number of selected schools to boost education levels to the best they can. To do that, the was initiated with the main focus on building and developing teachers’ capacity and skills for, effectively and more efficiently, running the whole teaching process before, within and after the classrooms. Teachers were, practically, trained:
- on proper lesson’s plan preparation (setting goals, selecting the strategies and tools to achieve the set goals and to evaluate and assess the outcome);
- on the identification of students’ multiple intelligences and learning styles;
- on the selection of suitable classroom management strategies;
- on self-assessment and realization & the 21st century skills; and
- Delivering TOT training to qualify selected teachers as TEACH trainers.
- Delivering training on Teaching Skills (TEACH), for teachers.
Project Key Stakeholders
- Bonyan Organization
- Qabas Organization
- Ebsilon for Education and Training Development